The General Sub-direction of Innovation of the Madrid City Council has the mission to enhance, promote and facilitate any project with an innovative vocation that is developed in the city.
This functionally depends on the General Direction of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
You can find us at:
C/ Príncipe de Vergara 140, 28002 Madrid
Working lines that are carried out:
- Establish, develop and execute policies of support for the innovation.
- Promote and enhance the relations of the City Council with Institutions, Public Administrations, organizations, public and private companies and members of civil society who are committed to innovation as a source of progress.
- Foster open innovation between startups, SMEs and the large companies of the city.
- Promote innovative, disruptive, creative and collaborative attitudes between the citizens.
- Establish, develop and execute an open innovation strategy for Madrid that promotes the adoption by the citizens of technological solutions that improve the quality of life of the city.
- Establish, develop and execute the smart city strategy.
- Represent the Madrid City Council and coordinate the municipal action at the national and international networks to support innovation and the development of the smart city.
- Coordinate technology and smart city municipal policies.