Innovative SME Seal
In the framework of the Spanish Strategy of Science, Technology and Innovation, the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness has been working on the development of a favorable environment for R&D in Spanish SMEs, so that in the production model of our SMEs the innovation is incorporated systematically.
In this line, and with the aim of expanding bonuses and tax benefits to these small and medium enterprises, as well as bringing them closer more easily to public procurement, the Seal of the Innovative SME is created under the Order ECC/10872015, of June 5, which the obtaining of the seal of Small and Medium-sized Innovative Company and creates and regulates the Registration of the Small and Medium-sized Innovative Company (BOE of June 11, 2015).
With this new certification, the business environment is reorganized and oriented towards excellence, favoring the identification of innovative SMEs in order to help the subsequent formulation of other new specific policies for them.
The City Council, as an entity committed to the development and economic promotion and the enhance of small and medium-sized enterprises, understands the need to value these measures, in collaboration with other agents involved in the management and support of SMEs
(presentation about the Promotion of Innovative SMEs)
How to obtain the seal?
The application for the Seal can be made by SMEs that are in any of the following circumstances:
- Have received any of the 3 modalities of public financing included in the Order within the last 3 years, without revocation for insufficient or incorrect execution.
- Demonstrate the innovative character either with a proprietary patent in operation or with a motivated binding report regulated by Law 27/2014, of 27 November.
- Be in possession of one of the 3 official certifications recognized by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (AENOR EA0043, AENOR EA0047, UNE 166.02).
A Registry is created in which all innovative SMEs will be included. The registration will be realized at the request of the interested SME, carrying out the procedures electronically. These are:
SME declaration; not having had total revocation of the justified public economic aid; be up to date with the Administration (Treasury and the Social Security) and justification of the status of innovator.
- BONUS Social Security INSTALMENTS of the research staff.
- TAX DEDUCTION in R&D&I projects.
- Possibility of access to funds ICO INNOVATION TECHNOLOGICAL FUND.
- Possibility of reservation in the INNOVATIVE PUBLIC PROCUREMENT (contracts of R&D services with the Administration).
- Exhibit with commercial and advertising nature the OFFICIAL SEAL OF INNOVATIVE SME.